In this post You will learn what a Psychic is, what types of Psychic abilities there are, Some of the inferred rules of being Psychic and indications of what makes a good psychic reader.
What is a Psychic – Lets Begin
Various dictionaries indicate that a Psychic is someone with the ability to connect to non physical forces, for the purposes of discerning past, present and future events. Some people say a Psychic is someone who can sense energies and has the ability to tune into another person, premonitions and intuition.
HMMM if people have premonitions, intuition or da ja vu does that make them Psychic?
Here at Mysticnrg our point of view is that everyone has Psychic abilities with some people being born into families who foster these abilities and others who are born into families who do not nurture these innate skills.
What are Psychic Abilities
In essence anything that occurs to you that you can not explain or science can not explain could be considered Psychic. Wikipedia the source of all truth (Joke) indicates there are 31 Psychic abilities. We have listed a few of them here:
- Aura reading – The ability to perceive “energy fields” surrounding people, places and things
- Automatic writing – The ability to draw or write without conscious intent.
- Clair-audience – The ability to acquire information by paranormal auditory means.
- Clair-cognizance – The ability to acquire psychic knowledge by means of intrinsic knowledge (just know).
- Clair-sentience – The ability to psychically feel, that is to receive messages from emotions and feelings.
- Clairvoyance – The ability to perceive people, objects, locations, or physical events via extrasensory perception.
- Divination – The ability to gain insight into a situation using occult means.
- Medium-ship or channeling – The ability to communicate with spirits.
- Precognition or premonition – The ability to perceive future events.
- Psychometry or psychoscopy – The ability to obtain information about a person or an object by touch.
The rules of being Psychic
By now you most likely know that everyone is Psychic to some degree but do not think intuition or just knowing is part of being Psychic. The rules around being Psychic are built around the concepts of social norms and causing harm to none, unless you want to be on the DARK SIDE (Star Wars Reference intended).
Fundamentally these rules mostly apply to people who have consciously developed their ability or where born knowing. The rules are basically this:
- If a message is distressing and very negative then generally it is not passed on. As someone with this ability you have to consider whether the message would do more harm than good.
- Its not appropriate to try and contact a spirit who has only been passed over a year or less. This is to prevent the living preventing that person from moving on by holding them here with their intention. It also gives the living time to grieve properly and effectively. Then if they want to contact someone it will not be a highly emotionally charged situation. Again as a psychic medium you have a responsibility to your clients well being.
- You do not read for someone unless they ask you to. In other words you do NOT accost people in the street. You do not tell someone “I have a message for you” or “there are spirits around you and they mean you harm. Let me do a reading for you”. As odd as it might sound this comes down to confidentiality. You only read for them if you have permission, otherwise its like reading someones diary in secret and not the done thing.
Good psychic reader are you!
What makes a good Psychic is the ability to tune into the person requesting the reading and with very little promoting, supply relevant information about or for the person that can be validated.
It is that simple if you are receiving a Psychic reading you will know (Perhaps You are Psychic) if the reader has tuned into your energy by the information you are receiving.